Currently, Trung is Director of FPT Technology Research Institute, FPT University. His responsibilities include developing a technology strategy for the university, advising on Intellectual Property Packaging, managing talent acquisition & international relations, supervising Research & Development Projects, and managing the Post-graduate program for FPT University.
Viet has contributed remarkably in planning and developing a technology strategy for FPT Corporation over the past 15 years. He has also successfully developed multiple initiatives to create new businesses for FPT, including CyRadar, VioEdu, FPT.AI – one of the key products leveraging the Artificial Intelligence of the corporation. Additionally, Viet acts as a coordinator who consults and facilitates technologies of FPT’s subsidiaries and develops technology-related community activities for the group.
Viet has joined and managed more than 50 AI projects, mostly as a problem solver, who navigates between traditional software development and machine learning implementations. He has made a significant contribution to the company’s improvement in adopting AI in the manufacturing, automotive, and transportation sector. His projects focus on developing innovative AI-powered solutions for clients, such as a driverless cars, face recognition applications, IoT solutions for measuring.
Giao has participated in more than 20 projects and contributed remarkably in studying and developing FPT’s self-made AI-powered applications, such as application to process images for embedded cameras, algorithms for data security, data analyzing application for smart factories, etc. Combining academic research with actual working experiences, Giao has published 30+ papers and journals.
Some of his publications and research are:
1. Identifying intentions in forum posts with cross-domain data
2. Hospital bed support system based on machine learning
3. Early fire detection in outdoor environments using real-time video footage
4. Combining Object Detection and Hand Gesture Recognition for Automatic Lighting System Control
5. Human Density Estimation by Exploiting Deep Spatial Contextual Information
6. Edges of Interpolating Tetrahedron Based Encryption Algorithm for 3D Printing Model
7. Vector Map Random Encryption Algorithm Based on Multi-Scale Simplification and Gaussian Distribution
Hung has published dozens of papers in those fields, some along with his clients. He has been filing 02 patents relating to AI technology. Major projects he participated in are developing a fall detection system to support elderly people living alone, real-time people counting in crowded areas using local empirical templates and density ratios.
- Phan Chau Phuc Thinh, Hoang Anh, Phan Doan Phuc, Dao Huu Hung, Huynh Van Nam, “Human Density Estimation by Exploiting Deep Spatial Contextual Information,” IVCNZ, Dunedin, New Zealand, 2019 [PDF]
- Kazuhiko Kurokawa, Masato Iwase, Yuji Yajima, Hoang Pham Truc Phuong, Dinh Xuan Tue, Nguyen Dong Dung, Dao Huu Hung, “Approach to Quality Improvement of 1D Simulation Model Applying AI method in MBD,” JASE Annual Congress pp 1-4, May 2019 [PDF] [Japanese title: AIによるMBDシミュレーションモデルの品質改善への取り組み] [The document is in Japanese, Abstract is in English]
- Phan Chau Phuc Thinh, Bui Thi Xuyen, Nguyen Do Trung Chanh, Dao Huu Hung, Daisuke Mimura, “A Deep Learning-based Aesthetic Surgery Recommendation System,” A Book Chapter in Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Applications, IntechOpen Publisher, pp. 1-10, May 2019 [PDF]
- Dao Huu Hung, Do Anh Tuan, Nguyen Ngoc Khanh, Tran Duc Hien, Nguyen Hai Duong, “A Multiple Object Tracking Evaluation Analysis Framework”, 12th International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC), Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 2016 [PDF]
- Dao Huu Hung, Hideo Saito, Keiichi Yamamoto, and Hiromitsu Sato, “An Omnidirectional Vision System for Bus Safety Surveillance”, AMMDS Workshop in conjunction with AVSS 2015 [PDF].
- Atsushi Kawasaki, Dao Huu Hung, and Hideo Saito, “Human Trajectory Tracking using a Single Omnidirectional Camera,” Irish Conference on Machine Vision and Image Processing (IMVIP), pp. 157 – 162, August, 2014. [PDF]
- Dao Huu Hung, Hideo Saito, and Gee-Sern Hsu, “Detecting Fall Incidents of The Elderly based on Human-Ground Contact Areas,” Proc. of 2nd Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 516 – 521, Okinawa, Japan, Nov. 2013 [PDF]
- Dao Huu Hung and Hideo Saito, “The Estimation of Heights and Occupied Areas of Humans from Two Orthogonal Views for Fall Detection,” IEEJ Trans. on Electronics, Information, and Systems, Vol. 133, No. 1, pp. 117 – 127, Jan. 2013 [PDF]
- Dao Huu Hung, Sheng-Luen Chung, Gee-Sern Hsu, and Hideo Saito, “Real-Time People Counting in Crowded Areas by using Local Empirical Templates and Density Ratios,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol. 95-D, No. 7, pp. 1791 – 1803, July 2012 ( Special Issues in Machine Vision and Applications ) [PDF]
- Dao Huu Hung and Hideo Saito, “Fall Detection with Two Cameras based on Occupied Areas,” Proc. of 18th Japan and Korea Joint Workshop Frontiers in Computer Vision, pp. 33 – 39, Yokohama, Japan, Feb. 2012 [PDF]
- Dao Huu Hung, Sheng-Luen Chung, and Gee-Sern Hsu, “Local Empirical Templates and Density Ratios for People Counting,” Proc. of 10th Asian Conference on Computer Vision, Vol. 4, pp. 90 – 101, Queensland, New Zealand, 2010 [PDF]
1. Viet Hong Tran, Huyen Vu Thuong, Trung Le Tien, Luan Nghia Pham, Vinh Nguyen Van, The English-Vietnamese Machine Translation System for IWSLT, International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation
2. Viet Hong Tran, Huyen Thuong Vu, Vinh Van Nguyen, Minh Nguyen Le, A Classifier-based Preordering Approach for English-Vietnamese Statistical Machine Translation, International Conference on Intelligent Text Processing and Computational Linguistics
3. Viet Hong Tran, Huyen Thuong Vu, Vinh Van Nguyen, Minh Le Nguyen, A Reordering Model For Vietnamese-English Statistical Machine Translation Using Dependency Information, the 12th IEEE-RIVF international Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies
Over the past 9 years, Hoang has been participating in 20+ projects , providing insightful consultancy for enterprises across sectors and countries on AI adoption strategy. Some of his remarkable works are creating application to predict the tendency of failure and network utilization for a testbed provider in France, developing software to forecast Nikkei stock price.
Toan is an expert in Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Big Data, Distributed/parallel Computing, Optimization. He has played a significant role in developing innovative, optimal yet cost-efficient solutions for clients around the globe, such as sensor data analysis (including predictive mentenance, anomaly detection, root cause analysis), time series forecasting, predictive/recommendation systems, etc.